Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Websites Can Be Puzzling

Over the past few days, I've been feverishly working on my new website, that goes along with the NEW name for my business - SOS-VirtualAssist - I am really enjoying the workings of putting together a web page.  I didn't realize just how much fun it could be.  That being said, it is NOT an easy thing to do.  It's sort of like putting together a puzzle.  I've always loved puzzles.  I remember when I was little, that my grandmother ALWAYS had a puzzle on her card table in her dining room.  Whenever my sister and I would come over to visit, I'd have to spend some time with her trying to fit the pieces of the puzzle together.  It was always so much fun and when it was completed, I loved seeing the finished product!

I am finding that building a great web page is pretty much like putting together one of those puzzles my grandmother used to have!! But, you must be patient, and not try and just throw together anything.  Much like the pieces of a puzzle, it takes time and care to study the pieces to make sure they fit just perfect!  Building a website is sort of like that as well.  You can't be expected to just throw together an AWESOME web page in a few minutes!! No way!! There is a bit of a learning curve, and if you aren't tech savvy or a computer geek of sorts, its going to take a bit longer to get the hang of it.  Although, once you do, if you don't get discouraged, you'll be pleasantly surprised at how well it works!  If you click on the link above, it will take you to my "test" site that I've been working on over the past several days.  Now mind you, it IS a WORK IN PROGRESS!!!  I am taking my time and tweaking the site and the layout and the design. Every day I am finding more and more out about the workings behind the actual web page that viewers see!  It can be frustrating; but I am DETERMINED to learn the inner workings of how to build a successful web page, so others can view the "finished product" that resembles those wonderful puzzles from my childhood! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews

VA Client Testimonials

“Tina is a real "go to" person: resourceful, conscientious, and knowledgeable and a pleasure to work with.”
Kathleen Melady Gick Kathleen Melady Gick, Attorney & Counselor at Law LLC at Self

"
I have been working with Tina for just over a year and a half. I have contracted with her for a broad range of product types and she has never let me down. Her work is accurate and her turn around times are excellent. She is a great virtual assistant who really knows her stuff!" - Jenifer DeLaGarza - owner of Administrative Support Group.