Sunday, September 22, 2013

Pinterest for Business



How many of you have caught the Pinterest bug?  When I first heard of this site, I thought it was just a clever way to post things you'd been scrapbooking on.  I really thought it was just a site for posting your crafts.  Was I ever mis-informed!!!

Pinterest started out as a place where you could "pin" images for sharing.  You would pin your images to boards and other Pinterest followers could see them, comment on them, and even follow you as well.  It was launched sometime in early 2010, and by August 2011, Time Magazine listed Pinterest as one of 50 Best Websites for 2011!  Wow.  It has since exploded and is no longer used JUST for random sharing of photos!  Pinterest is now becoming Big Business!!

A few weeks ago, I sat in on a 3 day webinar class on How to Use Pinterest for Business.  It was presented by Melanie Duncan, a real Pinterest guru!!  She explained in detail over 3 days how to build a Pinterest following not only for personal, but more importantly for business followers!  AND, she indicated that many people are using Pinterest as a sales platform to market their products and services! How clever!!!  Indeed!   I would highly recommend checking out her site.  She's got loads of info there as well as webinars you can take that will show you how to market your business for Pinterest followers!  Another one of her presenters during this 3 day class was an awesome graphic designer, Christine Tafoya.  If you haven't visited her website, DeluxeModernDesign, you are really missing out!  She has tons of great graphic designs and logos, and offers templates and other social media elements that you can purchase and download to give your own website a boost!  Why, I even did that myself, and gave my website, CloudClericalServices, a whole new look!!

If you haven't explored Pinterest, and you are looking for more creative ways to expand your business presence, I'd give it a try!  I think you'll be pleasantly surprised!  Happy pinning!!! :)




No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews

VA Client Testimonials

“Tina is a real "go to" person: resourceful, conscientious, and knowledgeable and a pleasure to work with.”
Kathleen Melady Gick Kathleen Melady Gick, Attorney & Counselor at Law LLC at Self

"
I have been working with Tina for just over a year and a half. I have contracted with her for a broad range of product types and she has never let me down. Her work is accurate and her turn around times are excellent. She is a great virtual assistant who really knows her stuff!" - Jenifer DeLaGarza - owner of Administrative Support Group.